Monday, September 21, 2009

Now I'm losing whole days

I sit here dazed and confused.  I just realized that I allowed Sunday to pass me by and had not watched one single football game.  I wonder if the Bengals lost or won?  Guess I'll need to google that question when I get through here.

I remember Sunday morning; we had a wonderful breakfast of biscuits and gravy, eggs and hash-brown potatoes.  I even recall taking the left-overs to our neighbors, who were not at home and leaving it on their front porch.

Now I recall something else...it began to rain; something it hasn't done around here for quite a spell.  That must be it!  The rain washed the rest of our Sunday away, along with the dust and surface oil deposits on the streets. Of course, Jenny our dog was her usual frightened self, sneaking around, looking for a safe place to hide from the storms.  I don't believe she found one. I didn't see much of her all day long.

Maureen cleaned and rearranged the living room to stave off the boredom for a little while. Later, she and Gail went out to do some grocery shopping. I zoned out in front of the TV after that.  You don't suppose some Zombie ate my brain, do you?  I suppose it was a serious mistake, accepting the offer that our cable company made to me last week. HBO for a whole year at half price.

Now I remember.  I watched movies and comedy specials for most of the day.  I ROTFLMAO for a good part of the afternoon.  That was some funny stand-up, even if it was OLD, like me. I've watched some good movies too since the HBO channel was activated on our DVR. The last thing I remember was the movie KINGDOM.  What action!  Shooting and blowing stuff up, killing folk with bullets and bombs, suicides and dangerous rescues.  WOW!  It was great.  Check out the official movie site, see the trailer, some clips and stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got an opinion? Share it. I love feedback. How else can I improve?