Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Grandma's Smile

My Grandma smiled a million smiles, one was always on her face

She smiled each time she looked my way; a frown, it had no place

Her eyes would gleam with inner joy, and shimmer behind happy tears

Her cheeks would blush with love's own glow; her arms erased all fears

She's been gone a long time now, and everyday I pray

For just one glimpse of her smiling face, if God could find a way

Her smile spoke silent, loving words that my young heart could hear

And even till this very day, those words I cherish dear

Today, as I prepared to shave, my Grandson ambled in

And chattered in his childish tongue, all I could do was grin

I kissed his cheek and rubbed his head and sent him on his way

Then turned to see my Grandma's smile, this was a special day

I gazed into my aging eyes, saw sparkling, happy tears

So I thanked God for answered prayer, even if it did take years

Now, I pray a different prayer; I'll pray it all the time

That this same smile, pass to that boy, and on his face will shine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got an opinion? Share it. I love feedback. How else can I improve?