Monday, February 22, 2010

Time to “Party” seriously

Tea-party is a title the media has utilized to the maximum of late. It appears that either they or those responsible for organizing these frequent "rallies" is leaning toward adopting the title, trying to establish it as "official."

I would like to submit to everyone the name "Third Party." It could still be referred to as the "T - Party" if some insist on continuing to use the original tagline hoping to eliminate confusion.

Personally, I believe it is time to do something to change our present political situation and problems. I suppose any course of action would function best if it began as a grassroots movement among the nation's voters. It does seem to already have that benefit going for it. I don't know what else anyone could call it besides "grassroots." It sprang up out of nowhere and began to grow, nourished by desperation, hopelessness and a collective anger.

I certainly am no political expert. I suppose I too am hopeless, desperate and angry about what I see going on in Washington. I have been for a long time now.

The Republicans and Democrats have had things their way for much too long. I am also aware of some other smaller party factions that have trying to get their foot in the proverbial door of the Whitehouse but so far, it isn't working. What this country needs is a real Third - Party; one with teeth and support from all those voters who are also sick and tired of the other two party system participants currently in power. That IS what the hubbub is all about you know? POWER!

Staying with the "T" theme, I've gone through the dictionary and tried to pick out all the words I could find that, to this ignorant man, seemed most applicable for the future needs of a new Third Party Platform. I'd guess that some of you more learned individuals out there could add a few more words to my temporary "decking." If so please feel free to do so and post it where you feel it would best be viewed by everyone.

Taxes

Teaching

Teamwork

Technology

Television

Temper

Term limits

Terminate

Terrestrial

Terrorism

Testing

Thick as in skinned and not skull

THINK

Timeliness

Tone

Tongue

Too Big

Tools

Top Secret

Tracking

Trade

Translate

Transparency

Travel

Treasury

Trust

Truth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got an opinion? Share it. I love feedback. How else can I improve?