Friday, February 19, 2010

To hair is human

I use an electric razor to shave with most of the time. At other times, I will use a double-bladed disposable one to take care of the longer hairs that gather in low valleys and wrinkles or folds of skin on my neck, front and back. 

I don’t use a mirror when I shave with the electric razor, I usually do that while sitting in front of the TV. Still, from time to time, I find it necessary to stand in front of a small mirror that is mounted on the wall out in the small hallway that connects our three bedrooms and one bathroom on the uppermost level of our tri-level home.  I turn on the overhead light in the hallway so as to establish a kind of back-lighting.  I utilize said light with a purpose in mind.  It aids me in detecting extra long hairs that have sprung up and grown speedily on my head, neck and ears, both internally and externally.

My electric razor has a retractable trimmer on one side. I use it to crop the crazy hairs I might spot during that periodic examination in the back-light.  Recently, I did one of those random inspection and to my amazement, right at the junction of the top of my left ear and shaved super-slick skull, I spotted a small group of very long, gray, curly hairs.  WOW! I thought. Why haven’t I noticed or felt those fellows already?  I popped up the trimmer and dispatched them to hair heaven.

If my hair had grown as fast as those few unnoticed ones did for all my previous life, I wouldn’t have been able to afford the cost of hair cuts even if I had gotten a burr every time. Could it be that hair grows best on decaying flesh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got an opinion? Share it. I love feedback. How else can I improve?