Monday, August 2, 2010

The Dog Days of summer are upon us

Grape tomatoes.Image via Wikipedia














It is August 2, 2010 and I have only one more ripe tomato left for now. The July "glut" is over with and now I can only wait for that mass of beautiful, green tomatoes to go from green to red or whatever color "ripe" represents in this unusual variety.

The harvest so far has been bountiful and delicious.  I've shared it with anyone that expressed a desire for some.  Several of the tomatoes I've picked and shared weighed more than a pound and a quarter. Maureen weighed some on the scales where she works. We were curious and wanted to be accurate whenever we bragged about the size of this year's crop.

Sorry! I'm facing a shortage and my giving will be curtailed for a while.  I have a three pound tub of cottage cheese just begging for a companion.  Hold on! They're coming.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got an opinion? Share it. I love feedback. How else can I improve?